Maths Hubs harness all maths leadership and expertise within our local schools, to develop and spread excellent practice, for the benefit of all teachers and children.
The Maths Hubs programme brings together mathematics education professionals in a collaborative national network of 35 hubs, each locally led by an outstanding school or college.
The Maths Hub programme is funded by the Department for Education (DfE) and coordinated centrally by the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics (NCETM).
Connect TSA works closely with Maths Hub East who make sure that the most up to date and relevant information about the curriculum, delivery and research is passed on directly to the people that matter most – the teachers.
Our Maths Hub, a developing network of dedicated local maths leaders, is dedicated to “creating passionate and outstanding mathematicians” in our local schools.
It is our vision that:
• children will be taught by well-qualified teachers who are themselves professional learners.
• children will thrive because teachers are actively collaborating in professional learning networks, inquiry groups and with experts.
• children will experience activities that are purposeful, engaging and high-quality
What we are doing
Key priorities for this year include:
• developing the mastery pedagogy for Primary mathematics
• improving the skills of existing teachers of maths
• up-skilling non-specialist maths teachers
• developing high quality subject leadership
• creating an innovative and effective maths curriculum
Maths Hubs are FREE to join.
Maths Hub Network Summary:
|Day||Date||Session Title||Course Type / Audience||Time|
|Wednesday||14/11/18||Maths Cluster||Network and update for Subject Leaders||1.30 – 3.30pm|
|Wednesday||06/03/19||Maths Cluster||Network and update for Subject Leaders||1.30 – 3.30pm|
|Wednesday||12/06/19||Maths Cluster||Network and update for Subject Leaders||1.30 – 3.30pm|
Come along and make sure your school has the up to date information and practice developing for your children. Ring us on 01205 312153 to book a place or email:Mrs P O’Malley at P.OMalley@Minster.notts.sch.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org.East Midlands East on Twitter
Find out more at:http://www.mathshubs.org.uk/