What is a Teaching School?
Teaching schools are outstanding schools that work with other schools, of any type, to provide high-quality training and development to new and experienced school staff. Teaching Schools are part of the government initiative to encourage, enable and empower school to school support. Schools have been given this central role in raising standards by instigating a self-improving and sustainable school-led system.
Teaching schools are NOT about making money, they are about making sure our children have the best quality teaching possible.
As a Teaching School we work with schools in our local area to identify, develop and co-ordinate expertise for the benefit of children within our alliance. We have six core areas of responsibility:
• School-led Initial Teacher Training
• Continuing Professional Development
• School to School Support
• Identifying and developing school leaders
• Recruiting and deploying Specialist Leaders of Education
• Research and Development to share the best, most effective practice across our schools.
Find out more about Teaching Schools here.