SUMMER 2019 APPLICATION ROUND HAS NOW OPENED!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like an application pack or are interested in applying for the role now or in the near future.
Applications must be received by 21st June 2019. Interviews will be held 28th June 2019 with an induction day on 27th September 2019
What is an LLE?
Local Leaders of Education are at the heart of a school led system where schools take responsibility for improving pupil outcomes through school to school support. LLEs are successful Headteachers who work alongside other school leaders to drive forward improvements and build capacity to ensure that improvements can be sustained.
The role of the LLE is to work outside their own school, providing support to another headteacher and their school with the aim of school improvement. The role is flexible and based on context and may involve:
• Coaching and supporting a new Headteacher who would benefit from assistance in the transition period to maintain momentum in their school’s improvement
• Offering peer challenge and support to a Headteacher to ensure impact in school improvement strategies
• Conducting a diagnostic assessment to gain understanding of the extent of a school needs
• Providing focused support to a school identified through the inspection framework as ‘requires improvement’ or vulnerable to under-performance
Becoming an LLE
• Do you have a personal conviction to strive for the success of all schools and their children and not just your own?
• Are you committed to work with other school leaders and teachers to help them be successful?
• Does your own school have the capacity and expertise to support other schools?
• Are you eager to learn from others?
• Do you see yourself as a servant leader here to serve for the greater benefit of the education service as a whole?
If this is you – consider becoming an LLE and play a pivotal role in local school improvement.
What does the support of an LLE cost?
The cost of an LLE support is £450 per day.
For further information see: Local leaders of education: a guide for potential applicants.